Sunday, August 26, 2012

Deep thinker almost forgotten

In sorting more of my stuff in the garage yesterday, I discovered some of my writing from when I was in middle school. As I read it, I was surprised by how much of a deep thinker I was and where that writing ability went too. I thought I would put some of them up here.

The Waiting
For nature, it is a time of waiting.
Waiting to see what man will do
with his freedom of choice.
Waiting to see if he will choose wisely.

Mother to Mother
From universe, to star, to planet, to Earth's children
love-manifest radiates its infinite light
mother to mother.

Ancient Wisdom
With a whisper,
Our ancestors left their mark upon the land.
That same land today
Now shudders in the wake of humanity's deafening roar.

The Source
Humankind's deepest misunderstanding is separating God from his creation. When God is seen in all things, as the Native Americans saw God, there exists harmony, balance and a love and respect for all life. When we abuse the Earth, we spit in God's face.

The Mist
The mist is between the sky and the forest.
The soft mist is drifting.
     I am sad the mist is drifting.
     I wonder if the forest and sky are sad.
I wonder if,
I wonder why,
     I wonder if the moment is drifting
     Because I am sad.

Golden Sunrise
Rays of light broke through the morning mist
As the golden sun rose from behind the dark mountains
To shine on the green valley.
There it was in that flourescent dawn
That all other colors faded in comparison to the sunrise.
In that instant the fog lifted from my mind
And I had true wisdom.
I realized where I had come from.
I now knew my true self
As the civilized shadow shed from me.
I then understood the heart of hateful men
And I could never return to that dark grey world.

No comments:

Post a Comment