Sunday, July 29, 2012

I am loving owning a house. In the past year I have learned how to do so many odd things and its been fun mixed with a bit of hard work. Besides the usual room painting, I have repaired all the control valves and heads in the sprinkler system and converted the front yard portion into a drip system. I have repaired the gel coat breaks in my shower, replaced the silicon seal around my shower door and put in a new bathroom fan. I tore out a hideous fountain nicknamed Jabba the Hut and planted an orange tree in its place. That was the most work requiring a sledge hammer and a jackhammer (I loved using that). I had a mesquite tree planted in the front yard and tore out three dead palms. This fall I am going to put in a lawn in the backyard.
I'm sure in 20 years I won't be saying these things are fun but for now its great.

No comments:

Post a Comment