Saturday, April 23, 2011

Its Official!

As of wednesday, I am a house owner. That last week up to the signing was crazy. In fact, the morning of the signing I had to take an anxiety med which I haven't needed in three years. I have not slept in it as yet because I was on the Trail. I will post pictures of it in the coming weeks as I get settled. For now I am just glad all the craziness of the past month is over. I still can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that I am a home owner now. I mean I actually have a place thats mine; I have dreamt about that for years but now it is actually a reality. I will be able to have all my belongings in one place which hasn't happened since I was nine.
On another note, last friday I was asked to be one of the new ridgewalkers at anasazi. Ridgewalk is the backup for all the bands on the Trail, is in charge of logistics while on the Trail and the communication link with the Field Team in the office. I had always hoped I would have the opportunity to do the job especially since many people over the years have said I would be good at it, but since it had never happened before when the position was available, I had come to terms that I probably would never be offered the job. I was completely taken aback when sheldon told me. I had thought I was meeting with him and Lehi about other new positions that I would be interested in and then they just offered it to me. They asked me to think it over during the weekend. I did and gave them an answer on monday which was yes. This means I will be back to working a wednesday to wednesday schedule (for those of you who try and keep track) and I get a slight pay raise. Even though I have wanted the opportunity to do this, I am nervous because of the added responsibility, and I will be starting right at the beginning of summer which is the busiest season for Anasazi. I definitely will need prayers and guidance from the Creator to help me know how best to help the bands and to help Anasazi fulfill its mission for the families.

No comments:

Post a Comment