Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas in Salt Lake

I know its a few weeks late but I thought I would say a little about my Christmas. I spent the week with my sister and nieces in Salt Lake in the snow and cold, but it was a nice change from the usual sunny, warmer weather of an Arizona winter. I had such a blast playing with my nieces and got a bit of a flashback to my childhood by watching farie tale theater with Amelia. Christmas morning was fun to watch the older girls get excited about presents. They seemed to love every single one they opened. My favorite was when Maggie got the dress my Aunt Marilyn crocheted for her and immediately wanted to put it on; when it came time for her to go to bed, Britt couldn't get her out of it so they became her pajamas for the night. Grandma and Grandpa Wood came over for brunch and Britt made this delicious oatmeal bake complete with real whip cream. Dinner was spent at my Aunt Christie's with more family and lots of laughs.
One fun activity we did was take the girls to the children's museum. I spent almost the entire time chasing Maggie. It was fun playing in the water area with her and watching how much she loves the real helicopter outside. Maybe she'll be an adventurer like me.
I know I spent an entire week there but it went by in a complete blur; I was just having too much fun.
Eileen was so well behaved while we opened presents on Christmas morning.
As you can see, Amelia left a generous supply of cookies and milk for Santa and did not forget to leave some carrots for the reindeer at Britt's suggestion.
I have no idea what got Maggie so happy but I just love this picture of her hugging the bear (just look at the smile on her face).
Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Britt and I which I didn't realize until I got home. I will have to remedy that the next time I am up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment