Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Day Its Finished

This is my most recently completed sewing project and it couldn't have been done sooner. I say that because this bag was incredibly frustrating to make. It was my first time working with buckram, fusible fleece and zippers. Plus the pattern was not very clear in spots. My sewing machine has also developed a nasty habit of pulling the fabric in odd ways. Putting the side pockets and straps on took me three tries each because the fabric keep getting stitched on crooked. The worst part was putting on the ends and the binding around the ends. That buckram made it so thick to try and maneuver and then trying to get all those layers through plus keep a sraight stitch for the binding was a challenge. Thankfully it turned out well enough that I didn't have to resew it. The inside is lined with the same blue you see on the outside band and pocket.
You might be wondering what I am going to use it for and I did make it with a purpose in mind. It is going to be my new temple bag. There are two good sized pockets inside, made out of the white material from the outside, to help keep everything organized. I modified both of them from the what the pattern directed; one is two inches wider and the other is sewn in half to create two smaller pockets. Its just the perfect size for everything I need. Now I have a unique bag instead of the one that looks like everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment